Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Impala 1.0.1 released

I am pleased to announce the release of Impala 1.0.1. This release is basically a bug fix release. For more details on the bugs fixed, see this list.

While the pace of Impala's development has slowed in recent months, it is still in active development. I am still using Impala every day in my day job. If provides the foundation for the next generation e-commerce fulfillment software we are developing at Realtime Despatch. The reason I have been spending less time developing Impala is not because I have less use for it. On the contrary, it has really proved it's worth in the last year, making what could otherwise be a monster project quite comfortably manageable. The modularity and productivity features provided by Impala are not only fundamental for rapid development of our software, they also important in supporting our business model.

That being said, there are a few features that are backing up which I am hoping to develop in the next few months, and hope to pick up the pace again.

No comments: