- data access using Hibernate
- MySQL database
- simple service and web tiers
- svn co http://impala.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/petclinic petclinic
- Open Eclipse, with the workspace set to the checkout directory (petclinic)
- First, from petclinic/db, run createDB.txt (as root). This creates the petclinic user
mysql -u root -p < createDB.txt
- Then as the petclinic user, insert the tables
mysql -u petclinic -ppetclinic petclinic < initDB.txt
- To insert data, run
mysql -u petclinic -ppetclinic petclinic < populateDB.txt
To run up the web application, simply run the main class StartServer, which is in the project petclinic-web. This time, run it as a (main) Java application.
To run up the interactive test runner, run HibernateClinicTest as a Java application. Type u for usage. You can run this class as a standard JUnit test - it's part of the AllTests suite.
Next on my list is to create a sample based on Spring's Petstore sample (originally Clinton Begin's JPetstore application, a sample with a rather long history). This is more interesting, as it is a larger application with a greater variety of components, so should be an interesting showcase for Impala.